Add a messaging on hold device to your telephone system
Messaging on hold has many benefits for your business. Not only does it let your customers know that they are still on the line, it is a great opportunity to educate customers. The whole purpose of playing music for someone on hold was originally to give a few moments between messages for the caller to absorb the message they just heard, for maximum recall later. We have integrated our Messaging-on-hold "MOH" systems into just about every telephone system on the market. They are easy to administer, have several royalty-free greetings & music sample options and are easily customizable with your own custom marketing message. The new devices are WIFI enabled and you can stream from the Internet or push audio right to them to make changes.
How effective is message on hold?
- AT&T Study – More than 70% of business calls are placed on hold for an average of 45 seconds each. 60% of the callers placed on hold hang up, and 30% of those that hang up never call back. 94% of advertising budgets are spent to induce a call and only 6% is spent to handle the call once it comes in.
- North American Telecom – Callers with silence on hold will abandon their calls in less than one minute. 90% hang up within forty seconds. – Callers with music on hold will stay on the line thirty seconds longer than with silence. – Callers with information on hold will stay on the line for up to three minutes longer.
- US West Communications Study – Providing information on hold results in a 40% increase in retention of callers on hold… a 15% increase in inquiries… a 12% direct increase in requests for products and services mentioned on hold.
- Office Team Survey – The average executive spends 17 minutes per day on hold.
- CNN – The average person spends 60 hours per year on hold. 55 seconds is the national average hold time for companies with more than two telephone lines.
- Telemarketing Magazine Survey – 1 in 5 respondents made a purchase or a decision based on information they heard on message-on-hold system